Monday, December 29, 2014

what to write, what to write ...

Just write about anything, he said.

I can't think of anything, I said.

So just write a random post, he said.

Today I am thankful that Lance got up with Dax for the past two nights. BLISS.

I am thankful for Target, and for muscles to carry Dax when he decides to meltdown in the long checkout line at Target, and for money to pay for everything, and for Starbucks inside Target. I am thankful for the barista who is deaf, because her smile and hard work make me smile.

I am thankful for the glorious, glorious sunshine. I can't thank You enough for the sunshine. I love, love, love the sun. I am thankful for time to take walks with Dax and Lance. I am thankful for swings, for laughter, for sweatpants, sweatshirts, and a cute headband from my friend Laura. I am thankful for Laura and her encouragement. I am thankful for the camaraderie of moms.

I am thankful for my mom, my family, and my friend Sarah who said: "There's nothing like your own family."

I am thankful for Lance and for second, third, fourth, and infinite chances. I am thankful for Glennon Melton and her book that I'm reading and the way her writing makes me laugh and want to be friends with her.

I am thankful for the gym and especially the childcare at the gym.

I am thankful for good quotes, good words, good people. I am thankful for the lady in the parking lot who laughed at Dax and said it looks like he's driving, while I was holding him in the front seat jamming teething tablets in his mouth. I am thankful for her smile and warm words, and for all people like her who just get it.

I am thankful for grocery stores. I am thankful for old people, I love old people. I am thankful for the man ahead of us in line today who didn't know how to use the credit card pad, and when the checkout people told him to enter his pin, he just looked at them and told them his pin. He was adorable and I laughed and while I'm thankful for technology, I miss when you could just do things face to face like that and "machines" weren't a part of every thing.

I am thankful for  a car that runs. My own car, so I can come and go as I please. I am thankful for cooler temps. I am thankful or Pine View Dairy chocolate milk, because I would drink it all day every day if I could. I am thankful that my mom is a great cook and gives me great, easy recipes.

I am thankful for health. (Times a bajillion. Really, really thankful.)

I am thankful for hot water and showers and toilets that flush and a house to live in and cleaning products and windows and food. I am thankful to live in America, to be born and raised here, to be a citizen and not a refugee, and to speak English. I'm thankful for all of the people who served and still serve in the military.

I'm thankful for clean sheets, string cheese, hot cocoa, music, days ending, fresh starts, and the passage of time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awe, two words...love. this. Especially this last line, words straight from my heart.

Heather Buckwalter said...

i like this "random" post. :) thankfulness and simple everyday things are sometimes the best:)