Tuesday, December 23, 2014

currently

I am borrowing this blog post idea from two bloggers I really like to follow - Emily and Aimee
LOVING // Dax's laugh. Watching Dax learn how to walk - he took his first steps this week! Going to the gym. My new gym pants from Lance. Getting Christmas cards in the mail. Seeing everyone's crazy Elf-on-the-Shelf pictures on Facebook. (Can't wait to do that for Dax!) My niece Lana, and how the cuteness is through the roof when she and Dax play together. Amazon - it's so convenient. Carrie Underwood's new song, "Something in the Water" gives me chills and tears - so good!

{Dax today. He loves going out and about on adventures! So do I.}
READING // I just finished Unbroken, and it was fantastic! I am not sure what I'll start next, but probably Carry On, Warrior: The Power of Embracing Your Messy, Beautiful Life by Glennon Melton. Her Momastery page on Facebook is essentially an online community she runs, with oodles of encouraging stories and wisdom. The kind of stuff that makes you sigh with relief and say, "Yep, she gets it. Lots of someones get it."
{A little taste of Momastery goodness.}
WAITING FOR // The washing machine to stop so I can switch the laundry to the dryer and let it sit in there for who knows how long until I remember it's there and I need to fold it. Oh and for one more gift I ordered to come in the mail.
EXCITED ABOUT // Christmas! Especially the Christmas Eve service at our church, Lance having off work (WOOHOO!), watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, and giving everyone their gifts, and just celebrating Dax's very first Christmas. I love all of the "firsts" with him.

TRYING TO // stay calm and not have anxiety about Dax's sleeping patterns. 
WORKING ON // getting back in shape!
ENJOYING // the joy of any time I get to myself. Health. This weather. (I love when it doesn't snow.)
USING // lots of Burt's Bees lip balm. That stuff lasts forever, as long as I don't lose it. If you like documentaries, check out Burt's Buzz on Netflix. It's quite the story, and quite amusing.
WEARING // Banana Republic has been my lucky store lately. Lucky as in I find things that I actually like! But mostly I'm wearing yoga or gym pants, a T-shirt and a sweatshirt. 
PLANNING // to see White Christmas at the Fulton soon, because my friend Sarah is in the cast! I've never been to the Fulton, and I can't wait! 
LEARNING // To allot 15 more minutes (or more!) than I would think is necessary when going anywhere. Sometimes I am still crazy late, but overall I have noticed that having a baby has made me more punctual. Going out is so much less stressful if you actually allow enough time to get there and don't have to feel rushed. Plus you need extra time to get everything (all the things - there are so.many.things.) ready!
DOING // mothering. And wife-ing. There should be a word for that, right? It's definitely a thing. I guess I could just say marriage. Doing marriage, mothering, and life. Lots of cooking and laundry. Cleaning not so much, but I need to.
DREAMING OF // going to NYC or Chicago or the beach - of course. Finding a creative income. Of ways to decorate and organize my house. Buying a house that is not a townhouse with mean neighbors complaining about your baby. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i am sorry about mean neighbors complaining about your baby. that sucks. xo.