Wednesday, December 3, 2014

pray for the dukes family

Please pray for the Dukes family. I do not know them personally, but it seems like almost all of my YWAM Maui friends do. Their 19-month-old son, Trucker, was just diagnosed with neuroblastoma (cancer). They have four kids, and their dad is a firefighter. I've been reading updates from friends, and it just wrecks me to think of the pain. Tears and prayers, every time I read about them or they cross my mind. You can donate here. (And that's where I snagged the photos - never quite sure if that's legal? Hmm.)



Something Trucker's dad posted ...

Aloha family,
THIS IS JOSHUA, hacking my wives facebook she left her i-pad at the hospital. I have been trying to think about how I could respond to all the love and support everyone has been blessing us with. I figured I could reach the most people on Shauna's facebook. 

What we have been going through with our youngest son Trucker being diagnosed with late stage neuroblastoma is hands down the hardest thing we have ever been through. My wife would probably say it's harder than labor and that looks insane! This trial I think at times could crush me. If I'm honest there has been times that it has been close. But there has been something amazing I have experienced through all this. Many of you when we have talked have said the same thing. "I don't even have words to say to you!" I want to tell you something, you don't need words. Your actions speak louder than they ever could. Yes this is the most difficult thing I have ever gone through, but we have an ARMY of people standing with us, and at times picking us up. I can feel your prayers. God is using you to bring us peace, bring us hope and show us love through your actions. 

I don't pretend to know Gods plan, but I know that wherever it takes us, even if the outcome is not what I want we will still have peace. I know that the friendships this ohana has will help and is helping carry us through the burdens we cary. The love and community we are experiencing is indescribable. Thank you for being there for Trucker. Thank you for being there for my ohana, and thank you for being there for me. 

I know that God is good, even when my baby is suffering, because He gave me friends like you. Please continue to pray for Trucker. Pray that his pain would ease. Pray that the treatment the doctors give him would cure his cancer. Pray that the chemo would not damage Truckers heart, hearing, organs and health. Pray for my wife and children, and pray for me to have wisdom to navigate my family down this road. I have learned some things through this and they are God is in control even when life is not. 

Every day is a gift. Every day you can wake up and kiss your baby is something to give thanks for. Every day with your spouse, your loved ones, your keiki is something to cherish. We are not promised tomorrow, so make the most of this day God has given you. By saying that I want to tell all of you who have been there for the Dukes ohana I appreciate you, I am grateful for you and I love you. We got some more bad news today, but we are going to fight with everything we've got. That is all I can do. Thank you for standing with us in prayer, thank you for serving us with all your help, thank you for blessing us financially. My words won't do my gratitude justice. Stay strong with us, for Trucker Boy. 

With all my love and aloha, 
Joshua

No comments: