Friday, May 17, 2013

friday favorites for 5.17.13



"Pumpcast News, Part 1" - The Tonight Show
This will make you smile. What a fun couple.

*  *  *
 
Written in response to newspaper reporter consistently making the list for the worst jobs to have:

"Worst job in the world? Then why have I heard so many former reporters describe their regret over having left the profession? Yes, it probably would be a bad job for someone who isn’t interested in politics, crime, breaking news, art, sports, the markets and every other aspect of the world around us. If you don’t enjoy reading and can’t put together a simple declarative sentence, it would probably be misery. If you keep score in life based strictly on how much money you make, it’s probably not for you. If you can’t deal with moments of intense pressure, stay away. If you can’t stomach the ugly truth about some of the horrible things we humans do, you won’t last. But not me, I love reporting, I’ve loved it since my 7th grade teacher roped me into contributing to our class’ mimeographed newsletter and I love it today. I love its incomparable variety, the sense that the next phone call I get could be about something everyone ought to know, and the feeling that I can help people understand what happened. It’s not a terrible job. It just might be the best job there is."
[Mark Scolforo, Reporter, The Associated Press]

*  *  *
{source: Pinterest}

No comments: