Tuesday, April 2, 2013

dreams, keys and adulthood

after telling lance about some weird dreams i had the other day, he said that he never remembers his dreams. a few days later he said excitedly, "hey! i had a dream the other night that i actually remembered!"

me: "oooh what was it?"
him: "well, we were trying to get in the apartment and i started freaking out because i looked down at my keys and realized i hadn't turned in my barracks key, even though i thought i had-"
me: "THAT WASN'T A DREAM! THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED AND I WAS STANDING RIGHT BESIDE YOU!"
him: "what? no. are you sure? then how come that key isn't on my keychain now?"
me: "probably because the other night you were holding MY keys and i have more keys than you do! but i didn't think about that then."

we started laughing hysterically.

and i remembered the time i was out with my dad somewhere and he could not get his truck to start. he just kept turning the key and nada. after much frustration and not knowing what was wrong with his truck, he called pappy shank to pick us up. almost immediately after placing that call, he realized the problem was that he was using the wrong set of keys for the truck.

since it was before the days of cell phones, we had to wait for pappy to get there and tell him. which was apparently agonizing for my dad who swore and worried about what pappy would say. i think i started laughing then and my dad did too, and he said something about needing colby with us to keep us in line. i forget what pappy said when he showed up, but i am fairly certain my dad just pretended he figured out the problem and got it to start. ha.

have you ever mixed up keys and created a situation like this? or had someone tell you what they thought was a dream but you are listening to them thinking, what the what, THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!

one of my weird dreams last week was about grocery shopping. even weirder was that i was actually excited to go grocery shopping yesterday. i told lance about this, and how i was excited to plan meals for the week and to invite people over for brunch. never thought i would look forward to stuff like that.

he knew exactly what i meant, and said that he was actually having fun changing the oil and putting air in the tires of our cars.

apparently we are growing up and liking it. go figure.

No comments: