Sunday, March 17, 2013

Ranger Ball 2013


 Last night we went to Ranger Ball. This was only the second one I have ever attended but I already feel like a pro. One of the many reasons Lance is awesome is that he enjoys (or at least pretends to) listening to me give my opinion on all of the dresses. I love when he pipes in with his comments too, so good. While we were waiting in line for our official formal photo he would ask, "What do you think of that one? ... Good, cause I think it's awful." I decided we'd be a great talk show team to judge the Oscars, Golden Globes, etc.

Military balls are interesting because from what I've heard and read, you are supposed to dress to represent your man well. With dignity, ya know? But so many of the ladies seem to completely fore-go that tradition in exchange for slutty outfits that are just, well, slutty. Plenty of gorgeous gowns to ooh and ahh over too, but last night it seemed like there were more women who I wanted to cover up with enormous blankets or snuggies, sheesh.

Besides people watching and chatting with the fun people at our table, my favorite part of the night was when all of the Rangers recited the Rangers Creed together at the close of the event. Powerful. And of course I had tears in my eyes for the slide show (set to a sweet country song) of all the fallen Rangers - but that certainly wasn't my favorite part. Too sad.

Truly the most fun part of the evening was being introduced over and over as Lance's wife. Happy, happy, happy.

I told Lance that because everything is different for me right now (new state, new town, new apartment, left my job, etc.) that it almost doesn't feel like we're married. Like when people ask how it feels to be married or how married life is, I'm not sure how to answer. Um, new? It has not completely sunk in yet that we are married. But I like this adventure we're on, cause that's more what it feels like.



I always feel sort of Amish when I get updos. But I haven't had one in awhile and my dress wasn't super fancy so I felt an updo was in order for this occasion. (I posted this goofy, shadowy self-taken shot for you Mom, so you could see my makeup. Didn't really get any good shots of my hair though.)

1 comment:

Angie Myer said...

You look stunning Chels! So glad you chose a classy dress! :)
Love,
Ang