Tuesday, July 6, 2010

nixiness

i made a joke about walking my friends dog down the aisle at her wedding, and because i make all sorts of offhand comments and jokes, didn't think anything of it. that is until she called me later that evening and told me she would seriously love if i did that, because it would be hilarious. i said no way jose, and tried to persuade her that wedding ceremonies aren't meant to be hilarious. she told me i should pray about it. let's just say the only prayer i offered up on the matter was "dear GOD don't let her be serious ..." and He was faithful to answer, because thankfully she asked me to read scripture instead. now i am praying that i will not laugh WHILE i'm reading, because one look at the bride and i could lose it. we have a long history of hysterical fits of laughter together, as if my personal track record wasn't enough.

my face is full of nixiness (in the picture below) as i hold in my laughter at the last wedding i read scripture in. i might as well make it my new thing. since i hate when people ask, "so what are your hobbies?" frick if i have hobbies?! i go to school and i work. i don't have money for cool hobbies and i don't have interest in lame hobbies ... but in what spare time remains i do manage to give a mean scripture reading at weddings. (and come to think of it, attending weddings might as well be a hobby of mine too.)

"20 bucks, First Corinthians."

"Double or nothing, Colossians 3:12. "

"And now a reading from Paul's first letter to the Corinthians ..." [Wedding Crashers]

1 comment:

becky said...

soooo goooood! i forgot about that part of wedding crashers...we should probably watch that next week!