Monday, November 17, 2008

wonderful weekend

With friends in Wailea, one of my favorite beaches on the island!
Holiday in the sun anyone? :) Blissful Saturday soaking up the sun.
Sunday we left at 4am to drive to the top of Haleakala Mountain! We got lost on the way and I was in a panic thinking we'd woken up ridiculously early for nothing, but we ended up getting there in decent time and the whole thing was covered in fog. Everyone else was super bummed out about that, but I had experienced Haleakala sunrise AND sunset in my DTS (with a 10-hour hike in between, crazy story for another time!) so I didn't mind. I was actually laughing hysterically at the whole adventure and Ada said, "Chelsea, you can make anything fun!" Made my day. :)
There I am in my wokeupat4amwearing10layersoftshirts glory!So after we hiked around a bit and were driving down, the sky cleared up for about 10 minutes! The whole weekend was full of "God-stories" of His timing and blessing, even in being able to do that this morning.

Sunday after church we were invited to hang out on a yacht all afternoon. The churches here are incredibly generous, continually blessing us in all sorts of ways. It was a busy but wonderful weekend!

No comments: