Thursday, March 12, 2015

living each day


I am reading The Hardest Peace by Kara Tippetts right now, and I am crying my way through it ... in the best possible way. She tells her story in a way that resonates so deeply with people wherever they are in their own pain and story. I still need to check out her blog too. 

She says in this trailer that,  "Jason shows me the best of what life has to offer ... mostly in encouraging me to fight for a soft heart." I love that, and I feel like I've gotten so weary of that fight. Life right now feels hard and lonely. I really miss my friends and life in Columbus. Hard is obviously very relative (yes, Mom, I know it could always be worse), but that brings me to another part of Kara's writing that is amazing. She has battled severe cancer but she does not use her suffering as a way to "one up" people. You do not feel alienated as you read, or like you can't relate. And I imagine her friends feel completely comfortable around her even as her cancer progresses - not put off and unsure how to act or what to say. Her beliefs on suffering are so solid, and I'm super encouraged by her.

Off to read! (Did you cry through the trailer if you watched it? Me too.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kudos for picking up that book. I cried. Cancer has torn through my family and back again. I am always awed by someone who can take something so heart wrenching and find peace and joy. Know Columbus misses you BUT I think we are always missing the places we've been. More so the people and the memories. I struggle every day with being lonely and wanting more...its tough but I know one day I will look back and think how great I had it. Much love friend. Keep being awesome

Unknown said...

such a great book. hard, great book...if there is such a thing...