Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Winter Aquatots




It wasn't until after I signed Dax up for Aquatots (a parent-baby swim class at our YMCA) and a stranger was laughing at me for buying swim diapers at Target during one of the most frigid weeks of winter that it occurred to me that this might be crazy. 

It is boots-and-parkas-only weather and I signed my kid and myself up for swimming?!

However, it turned out to be a brilliant decision. Indoor swimming is a perfect winter activity since we can't play outside. It's so warm in there that it's *almost* like we're getting some delicious Vitamin D. We all have so much fun and look forward to it every week.


 {Watching basketball - what else!}


One part of motherhood that I've always been excited for is watching Dax play sports or instruments, or whatever other activities he gets into. If I'm honest I think of him in Little League because little baseball players are the cutest thing. (Right up there with kids in pajamas and yellow lab puppies - SO CUTE.) I also see him playing basketball, because he is Lance's son. (And so far they have some strong similarities.) 

All of that to say: watching him swim at Aquatots (even though it's basically singing and splashing around) has confirmed and added to my excitement for all that's to come. Watching your kid have fun is fun!




{Cheese, cheese, cheese!}

1 comment:

Angie Myer said...

So precious!! I love seeing pictures of your little Dax! He's getting big already! :) (Allen just started puking & I'm up doing laundry -- in case you're wondering why I'm all over you blog at this time of the night, haha ;) )