Wednesday, February 13, 2013

almost wedding time

only 9 days until lance gets to PA, and 17 days until the wedding!

i decided to write something so i remember how i felt when the wedding was this close. i always think i'll remember everything, but it turns out i don't - and my blog can be really helpful for looking back.

i am really, REALLY excited. i hope the day doesn't fly by in a blur, and i hope i don't feel nervous. the coordinator made a point to say that we need to amplify our voices during the vows for the ceremony and i nodded that i understood, but what i really wanted to say was, "um lady, i could care less about amplifying. if i make it through our vows without sobbing the whole time i will consider it a win."


my bridal shower two weekends ago was so sweet. my mom did such a great job planning EVERYTHING for it. she is simply the BEST and i don't know what i'd do without her.

i am thankful for my sweet brother driving people to the shower, and hiding out in a parking lot to call when my mom and i  drove by, probably scaring to death the person who happened to be walking out of said church at the exact moment he was ducking down in his vehicle to call to alert the party people we were close.

and i'm thankful for my stepdad, who is really the nicest person ever and the best stepdad you could ask for, and he grilled some tasty bacon-wrapped chicken for the shower - my fave. (such a girly girl i am with my food choices, i know.)



{it was a full, full house! and this doesn't even show everyone.}



{thank you so much Cindy for taking pictures!}

i felt SO loved. your heart is just overwhelmed with love that there are so many people in your life who care about you and love you and want to support this huge, momentous occasion! i love it.

i felt like i was in a daze at my bridal shower, maybe because it was a surprise. except technically it wasn't because i had pretty much figured it out. but still. the surreal feeling that day has me hoping my wedding day won't be a blur.

this past weekend was my bachelorette party and it was also a BLAST. seven of my friends and i spent the night at a cute hotel in philadelphia. i'm blessed to have a friend who is a very talented hair stylist and she did my hair in fun vintage curls and did my makeup too, which i loved.

we had amazing sushi for dinner, complete with nasty hot sake shots ... which i loved even though they tasted terrible, because i'm obsessed with trying new things. our waiter was so fun. (i love it when you get a good, happy server.)

i loved wearing my pink bachelorette sash and even more than that i LOVED all of the well wishes from strangers telling me "congratulations" and "you'll be a beautiful bride" and my personal favorite - "your fiance is the luckiest guy in the world!" ha. philly really IS the city of brotherly love. ;-)

then we did karaoke! i am so excited that i can check that off my life list! after a slew of girly songs (think britney spears "hit me baby one more time" and spice girls "wannabe") we left for dancing at another spot.

more highlights:
- my cousin screaming my name into the mic after karaoke and telling everyone to "give it up!"
- someone giving me a feather mask from their mardi gras party
- beautiful snow falling outside (but not sticking around til morning for our drive home, phew)
- arguing with the DJ because he wouldn't play a song one of us requested, whoopsies
- lots of good chats traveling to and from
- spotting a michael buble lookalike
- someone deciding to adopt a british/australian accent
- and a friend taking off her heels at the end of the night, walking barefoot on a philly sidewalk because apparently i am not the only person who struggles to walk in heels. i kept mine on the whole time, no problem, woot woot. but my feet were sore the next two days, womp womp.

No comments: