Wednesday, February 23, 2011

about today

positive things about today ...
1. an email from a stranger with really great advice.
2. i told my mom that i needed a hug and she put down everything she was doing and hugged me. the physical act of her setting things down just to hug me seemed so symbolic in that moment. i told her that i love her and i love knowing that she would do anything for me. she said of course she would, and then she laughed and said "so what do you want?" i laughed and said, "nothing mom! it's the principle! and just knowing."
3. vanilla chai, mmm.
4. "that guy looks like he'd be frugal," someone said to me. i laughed because i had no idea why he'd say that about the person and then he said, "yeah, i don't actually know what that word means, i just thought it sounded right." fair enough.
5. when i finally got home around 1am from a long day at school, i remembered that i am God's favorite. He loves me. sigh.
6. my professor saying "exactly!" to my answer in philosophy. yesss!
7. snapper staff = soo fun.
8. i love my college.
9. minnesota ashley. (and the fact that i have so many ashley friends that i have to specify by location is fantastic too.)
10. finding a shirt i haven't worn in forever and remembering how much i love it.
11. jamming out in my car.
12. when i saw my bank statement on the counter i was scared to open it, but when i did i was incredibly proud of myself instead. i love that feeling.

not-so-positive things about today:
1. i could've taken a risk, but instead i walked away with that sinking feeling of regret.
2. my nail chewing habit seems to be at its worst.
3. i rarely get to see so many of the people that i love anymore, and i really really miss them.
4. Japanese pop music.
5. shakespeare.
6. sitting in on a borough council meeting for a school project, zzz.
7. confusion.

No comments: