Tuesday, December 14, 2010

rose and dorothy//susan and chelsea

rose and dorothy on the golden girls could easily be my mother and i in a few decades. that show cracks me up, but not as much as my own mom does. last week on the way home from shopping i don't know what i was going off about, but my mom was laughing and i said, "what are you laughing at?"
"just you."
"which thing?!"
"which thing?! chelsea! you expect me to pick one thing?! i don't have the time or the energy to narrow that down, that's like ..."

shopping with my mom is a delight. particularly the faces and comments when something i try on does not meet her approval. ("i'm just trying to decide if that's asian or pajamas chelsea.") i do not take nearly as much delight in shopping for her. ("well what would i wear this with?" "jeans." "ugh! no! it would look much better with grey!" "mom if you already knew what you wanted to wear it with, WHY are you asking me?" "well i just like to hear your opinion. so you would wear these with jeans? huh. i don't think i like it anyway.") i couldn't ask for a better shopping buddy, she taught me well and i'm so glad that shopping will always be our thing. love you susan!

1 comment:

Heather Buckwalter said...

crack me up!love it.
heather ;)