Friday, February 20, 2009

Red Envelope Day

Have you heard about this yet?
Buy a red envelope or color one redand mail it to President Obama (1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW Washington, DC20500) on March 31st. Don't put anything inside, but write on the back:"This envelope represents one child who died because of an abortion. It is empty because the life that was taken is now unable to be a part of ourworld."

Don't push abortion to the back of your mind or think that it's impossible tosee it end. Pray for abortion to be eradicated now, in our lifetime! If anyone Iknew were suddenly put in a life or death situation, would I not be desperatelypassionately constantly interceding on their behalf? YES. Abortion is life ordeath on a much larger scale. I need to pray consistently - not ask forsomething once or twice and give up, but to charge it a lot more than I have been.

Go to YouTube.com and type in "12-year-old girl speaks out against abortion." I couldn't figure out how to make it work as a link, but it encouraged me greatly and is well worth your time to watch! Children sure seem to know the business of God, yeah? I want their unabashed passion to rub off on me. They have the confidence tochange the world! I remember being completely enthusiastic about every world dilemma that my teachers taught us about. You name it, I wanted to fight it,help it, save it.

Once my fifth grade teacher came in saying that we would start having to pay a tax for every worksheet we were given and to take tests. Everyone was upset and I raised my hand and started protesting and rallying my classmates - "We don't have to pay this guys! No way! You know what we're gonna do? Boycott this!" Everyone in my class was cheering and honestly it started getting a bit out of control. Mrs. Moore starts cracking up and explained that she was just using it as an illustration to introduce our history lesson about the Boston Tea Party. "It was people like Chelsea leading rebellions and getting things done ..." HAHAHA, my teachers must've been entertained. :)

In seventh grade I got into a fight with my social studies teacher about abortion. Once again my class ate it up, because here's this quiet kid whipping out statements that lead to the teacher yelling and saying we're never bringing abortion up again. I pressed him about a passing comment that he made about abortion and while I forget a lot of the details of our talk, I know he said that if someone found out that their baby was going to be "deformed" with Down syndrome an abortion would be the only intelligent choice. Knowing his wife was pregnant, I asked, "So you're telling me that if you found out your baby had Down syndrome you would kill it?" Every eye was on our teacher as he swallowed and didn't answer, but after a moment began yelling and saying we could not discuss abortion anymore in his class. (Of course after that it seemed like everyone deliberately brought it up every chance they got, even if they had no strong opinion about it.)

What strikes me as "ironic" is that his son was born a month or so later on December 16 - my birthday. And I've heard varying dates for the Boston Tea Party, but a lot of times they say it was also on December 16!

That little girl's speech on the video reminded me of how I used to care so much. And how I used to not care what others thought, because it never crossed my mind to be "politically correct" or practice postmodern "tolerance." I hate that I'm held back by those bounds now. There's right and wrong - period. I want to start speaking out in my college courses like sassy seventh grade Chelsea, instead of silently leaving class frustrated by the ignorance and immorality.

Hmmm ... here I go!

No comments: